- (10) Saliva Collector
- (1mL) One-step Nucleic Acid Stabilization Buffer
- (10) Microcentrifuge tubes
Additional Materials Required
- Table-top centrifuge
- Precision pipettes
Instructions For Use
- Before collecting saliva, drink 4 ounces of cold water. Avoid brushing, flossing, or using any other oral hygiene products (e.g. using mouthwash, teeth whitening strips, etc.) for 45 minutes prior to saliva collection.
- Wait 10 minutes.
- Spit into the Saliva Collector. Required volume should be determined by the researcher and the intended downstream applications. A minimum volume of 100 μL saliva is suggested.
- Mix the collected saliva at a 1:1 ratio with the One-Step Nucleic Acid Stabilization Buffer in the provided microcentrifuge tube.
- Collected sample can be stored at 4ºC for up to 8 hours before use or freeze at -20ºC for long term storage.
- When ready to analyze, centrifuge the sample using a benchtop centrifuge for 30s to pellet the debris. Pipet the supernatant without disturbing the pellet and continue the assay with the supernatant.